Human Resources Management
- Length: 1-10 weeks
- Delivery: Online
- Start Date: Mondays
- Criteria: IELTS B2 level required
Course ContentThis unit examines the concept and practice of human resource management (HRM). It explores how the HRM function supports the achievement of an organization’s objectives and strategies. The unit also aims to introduce learners to appropriate concepts and theories that encapsulate this important corporate function.
The Dynamic Nature of Business and the role of business
- Definitions of HRM.
- What are the main functions and activities of HRM.
- The hard and soft models of HRM.
- Workforce planning.
- Types of labour market, labour market trends and PESTLE.
- The internal labour market.
- Analysing turnover, stability and retention.
- The impact of legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Understanding of HRM key definitions and terms and concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of the problem solving skills within HR
- Provide innovative solutions
- Identify the ethical issues in HR management